Monday, August 19, 2013

"I just don't wanna end up old and be full of regrets."


"Being a lifetime wife and mother has afforded me the luxury of having multiple and even simultaneous careers: I’ve been a chauffeur. A chef. An interior decorator. A landscape architect, as well as a gardener. I’ve been a painter. A furniture restorer. A personal shopper. A veterinarian’s assistant and sometimes the veterinarian.... An accountant, a banker, and on occasion, a broker. I’ve been a beautician. A map. A psychic. Santa Claus. The Tooth Fairy. The T.V. Guide. A movie reviewer. An angel. God....For a long time I have felt like I inadvertently got my master’s in How to Take Care of Everybody Except Yourself and then a Ph.D. in How to Pretend Like You Don’t Mind. But I do mind." - Marilyn Grimes
Currently reading this book about Marilyn Grimes as a mother, wife, part-time worker of craft store, but never had any chance to do her passion.

Already reach chapter 5 and insecure feelings about future-me start to haunt.

What if I can't make my family happy? What if I will stuck forever on things I don't like? What if something happen that it will stop me from doing my passion? What if I can't have my own free-time? What will I do if I get old and full of regrets?

Should have myself pray more. Study more. Take chances more.

Dear insecurities, please go away.

No comments: